The DKIM record for postageapp.com

Larry

01 Feb, 2017 09:55 PM

This just showed up as a warning and i have member saying they havent gotten emails since that day.

The DKIM record for postageapp.com needs to be configured.
Jan. 25, 2017 1:48PM EST
The SPF record for postageapp.com is configured correctly.
Jan. 25, 2017 1:48PM EST

How would i fix that.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Scott Tadman on 01 Feb, 2017 10:03 PM

It looks like the record for postageapp-djamange._domainkey.confirmmygig.com hasn't been defined, or at least not defined with that particular name.

It also seems that you've inadvertently sent something out with a "From: [email blocked]" header. That's something that should be avoided, you want to use your own domain.

You should be able to confirm any changes made here:

https://djamange.postageapp.com/domains/niP3xV5g9ymPmsOUeAJpVx7K6VC...

Or on other pages related to your various senders. In this case it has to be added to the confirmmygig.com domain.

Adding a DKIM record can be obnoxious and tricky, but it really helps with deliverability. If there's anything I can do to further explain, let me know.

2. 2 Posted by larry on 01 Feb, 2017 10:18 PM

this is what is says in my email so i cant see what email address you are referring to.

"From: [email blocked]" header.

how long does it take for the dkim to update. i followed in structions but it still says not configured. my account has always been this way, not sure why it is affecting something now.

thanks for anyhelp you can give/

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Scott Tadman on 01 Feb, 2017 10:44 PM

Do you have a link to the email this pertains to? I can do some additional diagnostics from there.

DKIM should update as quickly as your DNS provider pushes out changes. With many that's instantaneous, with others it may take upwards of 1-2 hours.

I'm still not seeing any TXT DKIM records for your domain when querying DNSimple directly so it looks like it's either not configured, or it hasn't updated. Be sure to add a TXT type record. Some allow creating other kinds which are only supported by a small subset of email servers.

4. 4 Posted by Larry Scott on 01 Feb, 2017 11:09 PM

[email blocked] is the email address.

5. 5 Posted by Larry Scott on 01 Feb, 2017 11:13 PM

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 6:08 PM Larry Scott <[email blocked]> wrote:
    [email blocked] is the email address.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 5:44 PM Scott Tadman <[email blocked]> wrote:

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

Do you have a link to the email this pertains to? I can do some additional diagnostics from there.

DKIM should update as quickly as your DNS provider pushes out changes. With many that's instantaneous, with others it may take upwards of 1-2 hours.

I'm still not seeing any TXT DKIM records for your domain when querying DNSimple directly so it looks like it's either not configured, or it hasn't updated. Be sure to add a TXT type record. Some allow creating other kinds which are only supported by a small subset of email servers.

On Wed, Feb 01 at 02:18 PM PST, larry wrote:

this is what is says in my email so i cant see what email address you are referring to.

"From: [email blocked]" header.

how long does it take for the dkim to update. i followed in structions but it still says not configured. my account has always been this way, not sure why it is affecting something now.

thanks for anyhelp you can give/

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: The DKIM record for postageapp.com.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 6.10.14 PM.png
  6. 6 Posted by larry on 01 Feb, 2017 11:43 PM

So i figured that part out . NOW the question is do i need to have postageapp.com in my list of domains.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Scott Tadman on 02 Feb, 2017 08:33 PM

I can confirm the record's showing up now on public DNS, so that's great.

postageapp.com is not required to be set up. It's probably a mistake that generated that entry, you may have omitted a sender from the API call, so it can be removed.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with PostageApp please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

07 May, 2017 02:19 AM
31 Mar, 2017 10:35 PM
10 Mar, 2017 11:34 AM