Spam Assassin Rating Low Due to Relay Hostname

Jamie

08 Sep, 2016 06:38 PM

Testing with https://www.mail-tester.com shows there is a large hit in the Spaminess Score of the emails sent because Spam Assassin does not like the HELO servername having numeric elements (looking dynamic). This will almost certainly affect deliverability. The exact notification shown is "HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR Relay HELO'd using suspicious hostname (IP addr 1)". I looked at one of the emails delivered via postageapp and see the following relay is used, "smtp-www-xx-yyy-zz.mailer.postageapp.com", where www.xx.yyy.zz is an IP address. I am using the API to send these emails via PostageApp. Is it possible to somehow use a relay without an IP in it to get a better Spam Assassin score and ensure high deliverability?

The SpamAssassin assessment is attached as an PNG image.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Scott Tadman on 08 Sep, 2016 06:42 PM

We've been planning a large-scale renaming of our servers to something more friendly with these sorts of systems as lately they've been getting unusually irritable about these types of hostnames.

If you'd like I can adjust your sending IP to be something less flaggable. I don't see an account associated with this email address, but updating that is a simple process if I know which account you're using.

Thanks for your feedback and let me know what I can do.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with PostageApp please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Jun, 2017 07:33 PM
21 Jun, 2017 08:27 AM
20 Jun, 2017 09:57 PM