Mail from PHP program with Database on GoDaddy Server.

PJ

26 Jul, 2013 05:32 PM

I have a db with my client's data on a GoDaddy server (over 150K email addresses). I have a PHP program that manages the content and frequency to send email to these clients. Can I (how do i?) use PostageApp to send these emails? Can I keep my db and php on GoDaddy?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Scott Tadman on 26 Jul, 2013 05:38 PM

There are a number of plug-ins and examples for PHP available on our developer site that make it pretty straight-forward to integrate with an application like that. If you're using a framework we have extensions for CodeIgnighter, CakePHP, and Drupal, though the generic example will work with any.

Your database and PHP reside on any hosting platform you want and the calls are made to the PostageApp API via JSON, a simple format PHP supports natively.

If you need to send out 150K emails per month or more, we have several plans that can accommodate that. Generally you'll send the mailing out as a series of API calls where each call sends to around 100 to 1000 people depending on how complex your requirements are. The more customization for each recipient, the smaller the batch sizes should be.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions relating to how to integrate with your application, or would like some assistance doing that, just let me know.

2. Scott Tadman closed this discussion on 12 Sep, 2013 06:14 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with PostageApp please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Nov, 2017 05:26 AM
17 Nov, 2017 07:29 PM
16 Nov, 2017 05:36 PM